My Tree Book

This is my tree book. Our tree books are something we have been working on for 2 months. It has been really fun building this art work. One of the most special things was that our art work went in a real gallery! There were some art items in there that were in the thousands.  One of the reasons we made this a tree was because a tree has roots so we made a piece of writing about we’re we came from and then a tree has leaves that reach up so we wrote about the future. We had our family come to see them and it was really special for them because we had writing about our family. There were also our classmates tree books there and it was really fun to look at there’s too.

We started our tree book by folding a paper into a shape that we like. Then we screen printed. Screen printing is where you take ink and there is a stencil that you put the ink on and then you pull it across and it prints.

Probably one of my favorite experiences of this whole thing was that we had a local artist come in and help us! This was so fun because we had a professional artist  someone who gets paid to do this helped me make my tree book. Peg Gignoux is the local artist who helped. She has many peace’s of art in galleries in North Carolina. It was really special to have her come in.

One thing that was really cool was that we kind of just went with the flow and did not know how it was going to turn out till the end and the ending was really special. We had little writing peace’s in the book and they were our life goals something about our family and a poem about the pandemic. The poem about the pandemic was fun to write because we had to think  back to when the pandemic was starting and hospitals were full we could not find toilet paper anywhere and we all stayed in our houses. I remember like it was yesterday and we just got news of the pandemic in science and our teacher told us that it would probably not effect us well… that might have jinxed it. 😂

Although this year has been crazy these tree books help me look back at the past and highlight the good things and reflect on this unusual   year.

http://gignouxart.com/